The Church Maria Schutz was built 1874 replacing the old Capucine one. The architect Camillo Sitte had to integrate the new church completely into the already existing wings of the monastery. Therefore, the nave with its main altar had to be oriented to the north. With hour prayers, holy mass and confession the church represents the spiritual core for the monks as well as for the Armenian-Catholic community. A considerable number of Roman Catholics attend mass, and the divine service on Sunday at 11 with its Armenian liturgy and music attracts many people.